KIB v Miltown O'Gorman Cup Semi Final 2012

posted 11 Jun 2012, 15:24 by Unknown user


Ian McInerney, Darren Hickey, Shane Hickey, Thomas O’Connor; Evan Talty, Paul O’Connor, Declan Callinan; Keith King, Peter O’Dwyer; Seamus Murrihy, Niall Hickey, Ciaran Morrissey; Aaron Murrihy, Michael O’Dwyer, Johnny Daly.


This year’s O’Gorman Cup Final will be a repeat of the 2011 senior county final after Kilmurry advanced to meet Doora Barefield with a comprehensive win over Miltown.

At half time, just four points separated the sides with Kilmurry ahead by 1-4 to 0-3. The Kilmurry goal was the opening score of the game as Michael O’Dwyer’s speculative effort found its way to the top corner of the Miltown net after just four minutes. This was a lead Kilmurry never surrendered. Dessie Molohan scored the first of his three points of the first half in the fifth minute. Johnny Daly and Thomas O’Connor then pointed before Molohan got his second and third points from frees to leave the score Kilmurry 1-2 Miltown 0-3 with ten minutes to go to half time. Johnny Daly grabbed a quick fire double before the break to ensure that Kilmurry would go in at the break with a four point advantage after playing against the breeze.

If the first half was low scoring, the second half was anything but. It took Miltown until the 16th minute of the second half to register their first and only point of the game from play. By then, the game was effectively over as a contest. Kilmurry simply burst out of the blocks and blew their neighbours away. Niall Hickey, Johnny Daly and Michael O’Dwyer all found the target before Keith King continued his recent goal scoring streak with a cool finish in the 45th minute. Just two minutes later he blasted another to the roof of the Miltown net, and this was quickly followed by another from Michael O’Dwyer after he was set up by Johnny Daly to leave the score at 4-7 to 0-4 after 48 minutes.


Things only got worse for Miltown as Peter O’Dwyer, Niall Hickey and Seamus Murrihy all pointed before Molohan converted two frees for Miltown. Ian McInerney and Peter O’Dwyer pointed either side of another Molohan free, and Johnny Daly had the last word on the game as his free left the final scoreline reading Kilmurry 4-13 Miltown 0-7.

Miltown will have to be disappointed with their performance as they registered just a single point from play, while Dessie Molohan was the only forward to score. Kilmurry now face Doora Barefield as they bid to retain the trophy they won 12 months ago  en route to a clean sweep in Clare.







Michael O’Dwyer                                     2-1

Keith King                                                2-0

Johnny Daly                                            0-5 (3f)

Niall Hickey                                             0-2

Peter O’Dwyer                                         0-2

Thomas O’Connor                                   0-1

Seamus Murrihy                                      0-1

Ian McInerney                                          0-1 (0-1f)